Week of April 2, 2012 Archives
RealClearEnergy PM Update
Monday, April 2The Presidential Hopefuls on the Environment
- Elspeth Reeve, AtlanticWill Congress Save Coal from Carbon Ruling?
- Ken Silverstein, ForbesClimate Rules a Win-Win-Win
- Graciela Chichilnisky, National JournalA New Energy Third World in North America?
- Michael Klare, The NationSupport for Domestic Oil Production Rising
- Shira Mincer, Huffington PostJust How Much Oil Is Drilled Out of Federal Waters?
- Gary Gentile, PlattsDo High Gas Prices Make People Stupid?
- Wealth Daily, PennEnergyGreen Investing: Good for the Globe but Not for You
- John Wasik, ReutersWhy are Natural Resources Funds Unloved?
- Stan Luxenberg, TheStreetThe Navy's Green Energy Plan Will Save Lives
- Editorial, Virginian Pilot
Tuesday, April 3Brawling in the Climate Casino
- Cohen/Happer/Lindzen, NYR of BooksEnvironmental Rules: Job Killers or Job Creators?
- John Broder, GreenObama's Fake 'Fossil Fuel Infatuation Tour'
- Marita Noon, Energy TribuneSouth China Sea: The Oil Bonanza Begins?
- Steve LeVine, Foreign PolicyCarbon Emissions Are a Good Thing
- Robert Zubin, National Review OnlineIt's Gonna Be a Hot Summer in SoCal
- Daniel Yergin, Nuke NotesSolar Debacles, From Germany to California
- Todd Woody, ForbesLife on the Eagle Ford Shale
- John MacCormack, San Antonio Express-NewsAlaska's Answer to the Dreaded Resource Curse
- Brian Bremner, BWEnergy Problem Humanity's Biggest Challenge
- Paul/Allen, Tech Review
Wednesday, April 4Natural Gas Can Win the White House
- Jim Cramer, MSN MoneyWhite House Says Its Green Policies Are Working
- Bill Opalka, EnergyBizHave DOE Subsidies Failed the Energy Industry?
- Travis Hoium, FoolThe Cost of Blunting Peak Oil
- Mark Halper, SmartPlanetWhich Nations Are Cutting Carbon Fastest?
- J. Jenkins, Energy CollectiveObama Owes It All to His Green Friends
- James G. Ellis III, FredricksburgJapan's Energy Death Spiral & the Saudi Option
- Steve Clemons, AtlanticHow Iran Sanctions Are Impacting Energy Stocks
- Trefis, The StreetSolving the Green Energy Storage Problem
- Jessica Meyer, Triple PunditSix Stories from the Wind Industry
- Zachary Shahan, CleanTechnicaNuclear Power and Democracy Don't Mix
- Kumi Naidoo, Huffington PostReady for Another 'Staycation' Summer?
- Brad Tuttle, Time
Thursday, April 5The Fuzzy Math of New EPA Regulations
- Ken Silverstein, EnergyBiz$4 Gas Is High, But Americans Have Short Memories
- Steve LeVine, FPBig Oil, Big Profits and Big Green Lies
- Peter Glover, Energy TribuneDetours on the Road to Oil Abundance
- Margaret Ryan, AOL EnergyOil Production in Trouble All Over the World
- Steve Hargreaves, CNNSaudis Have Lost the Power to Calm Oil Markets
- Brad Plumer, Wash PostThe President's Looming Sanctions Crisis
- Matthew Hulbert, ForbesWhat Would/Could Replace Iranian Oil?
- James Hamilton, EconbrowserObama Subsidizes Dirty Chinese Coal Power
- Kevin Williamson, NROStarting to Understand Extreme Weather
- David Hone, Energy CollectiveCleaner Fuels for Cleaner Cars
- Editorial, New York Times
Friday, April 6Surprising Facts on Energy
- Sean Brokrick, Uncommon Wisdom2008 Remark on Coal Still Haunts Obama
- Erica Martinson, PoliticoObama's Energy Policy is Pure Parody
- Deroy Murdock, NewsMaxThe Best Watchdog Journalism on Fracking
- Hickman/Currier, ProPublicaTwo Shades of Green in the Mojave Desert
- Julie Cart, Los Angeles TimesObama's Environmental Contradictions
- William Tucker, Am. SpectatorHansen: Climate Change Is on Par w/ Slavery
- Severin Carrell, GuardianIs US Losing Its Lead in Physics?
- Clara Moskowitz, Huffington PostNew Transmission Promises Energy Savings
- Tyler Hamilton, Toronto StarA Battery That Runs on Water
- Alexandra Dean, Bloomberg Businessweek